A Proud Coder
A Proud Inventor
Why Learn to Code?
HappyCoding is a learning center that uses a collaborative and visual graphical method to teach K-12 kids how to program. Our courses are designed to foster innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and team spirit.
- We teach kids to code 12 months a year!
- Each of our programs has 20 hours of content. The progression allows for knowledge to be more deeply integrated into your child’s life. It also allows for kids and parents to be in the program long enough to feel like they are part of an exciting community.
- All of our programs include the concepts of STEM, design thinking and creativity. They foster soft skills such as leadership, presentation skills, sharing, communicating and teamwork.
- Our curriculum is fun! It features puzzles, video lectures by Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat, as well as familiar characters from popular games Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies.
- We welcome kids with developmental disabilities but talented in science.Our programs are highly visual and interactive, and easy for kids with special needs to follow.
Sign-Up 2017 Summer Camp & Fall Classes
- STEM CARE
- CODING CLASSES
- CAMPS: SUMMER CAMP, SPRING CAMP,AND WINTER CAMP
- ONLINE CLASSES (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Learn to program droids, and create your own Star Wars game in a galaxy far, far away.
Let’s use code to join Anna and Elsa as they explore the magic and beauty of ice.
Wanna write your own game in less than 10 minutes? Try our Flappy Bird tutorial!
Infinity Play Lab
Use Play Lab to create a story or game starring Disney Infinity characters.
Course 1: Ages 4-6
- Early readers
- Loops and events
- Meaningful collaboration with others
- Problem-solving and perseverance techniques
- Internet safety
- Recommended for grades K-1
Course 2: Ages 6+
- Beginner readers
- Binary code
- Societal impacts of computing
- Recommended for grades 2-5
Course 3: Ages 8+
- Prereq Course 2
- Problem decomposition
- Nested loops and conditionals
- Digital citizenship
- Internet transmission methods
- Recommended for grades 4-5
Game Design & Programming with Scratch 60 min/class
Scratch is a programming language that is friendly to new users and easy to learn. This class will teach your child to create games and provide a stepping stone to the more advanced world of computer programming. Your child will have fun creating the games, bringing the ideas to life, and sharing the work with other children. All materials will be provided for this class.
Lego Engineering Class 60 min/class
The newly released Lego Education WeDo 2.0 set introduces your child to mechanism and movement by building wireless walking machines and animals. Your child will learn to program and create unique creations by using S.T.E.M. concepts and principles. All materials will be provided for this class.
Website Development 60 min/class
Python Class 60 min/class
The special of our course is it adopts CodeCombat, a platform that offers real coding from the very first level. More importantly, it shapes the learning process into a continuous challenge to beat the game so as to keep students thoroughly engaged. By the end of the unit students will be able to: correctly format code in Python, call methods, pass arguments to their methods, handle exceptions, file I/O, etc.
Java 1 (ages 14+)
This class introduces the principals of object-oriented programming and teach you software engineering concepts and methods. By the end of the class, you will get ready for AP Computer Science Test.
Exploring Computer Science
This is a yearlong High School course consisting of 6 units: Human Computer Interaction, Problem Solving, Web Design, Programming, Computing and Data Analysis, and Robotics.
AP® Computer Science Principles
STEM SUMMER CAMP IS ENROLLING NOW!
Interested in Joining Our Team ?
Part-time Job Opportunities Available
We are currently seeking highly qualified part-time instructors. Highly qualiflied candidates my include: computer science teachers, industry professionals or college students who are majoring in STEM related fields with a desire to teach.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to:
A background check will be required.
No phone calls, please.
47810 Warm Springs Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
Hours of Operation
We love to hear your feedback. You can send your comments here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org